Vaastu Shastra is an ancient Indian architectural science that emphasizes the principles of design, layout, measurements, and spatial geometry to create harmonious living spaces. According to Vaastu, every object in the universe has a specific energy, and by aligning our living spaces with this energy, we can promote health, prosperity, and well-being.
If you’re looking to buy a new home or renovate your existing one, it’s important to ensure that it’s Vaastu-compliant. In this article, we’ll explore the 7 things to check if your home is Vaastu compliant and how it can affect your well-being.
What Vaastu actually is all about?
Vaastu, the ancient science of architecture, is a fascinating subject that has intrigued people for thousands of years. At its core, Vaastu is all about creating harmony between humans and their environment. This is achieved through the use of specific design principles and guidelines that are based on the concept of cosmic energy.
According to Vaastu, every living and non-living entity on this earth is made up of five elements: earth, water, fire, air, and space. By designing and constructing buildings in a way that optimizes the flow of these elements, Vaastu aims to create a harmonious living space that enhances the well-being and prosperity of its occupants.
Vaastu takes into account various factors such as the direction of the building, the placement of doors and windows, the positioning of rooms, and the use of colors and materials. By following these guidelines, one can create a space that promotes good health, wealth, and happiness.
Importance of Vaastu in your Home
Your home is a reflection of your life, and by creating a living space that is Vaastu-compliant, you can promote health, prosperity, and well-being in your life. A Vaastu-compliant home can bring peace, harmony, and abundance to your life by creating a positive and healthy environment.
Vaastu is especially important for your home because it is the place where you spend most of your time. Your home is your sanctuary, and by creating a living space that is in harmony with nature, you can create a peaceful and happy environment for yourself and your family.
How to check if your Home is Vaastu Compliant? Here are 7 things to check if your home is Vaastu compliant:
- Orientation and placement of the main entrance: The main entrance of your home should face east or north as these directions are considered auspicious in Vaastu. The entrance should be well-lit and clutter-free, and there should be no obstructions in front of it.
- Location of the kitchen: The kitchen is considered the heart of the home in Vaastu, and its location is critical. The kitchen should be located in the southeast corner of the house, and the cook should face east while cooking. The kitchen should be well-ventilated and free from clutter.
- Direction of the bedrooms: The direction of the bedrooms is also important in Vaastu. The master bedroom should be located in the southwest corner of the house, and the bed should be placed in such a way that the head faces south or west. The other bedrooms should be located in the northwest or southeast corners of the house.
- Placement of the pooja room: The pooja room is an essential part of the house in Vaastu, and its location is critical. The pooja room should be located in the northeast corner of the house, and it should be kept clean and clutter-free. The idols and pictures should be placed facing east or west.
- Location of the bathroom and toilet: The bathroom and toilet should be located in the northwest corner of the house. The door of the bathroom should not face the kitchen, pooja room, or main entrance.
- Shape and size of the rooms: The shape and size of the rooms in your home can also affect its Vaastu compliance. According to Vaastu, the rooms should be rectangular or square in shape, and their size should be in proportion to the other rooms in the house. The furniture should also be placed in a way that allows for free movement and does not block any doors or windows.
- Placement of mirrors and other decorative items: Mirrors and other decorative items can affect the energy flow in your home, and their placement is important in Vaastu. Mirrors should not be placed in the bedroom, and they should not reflect the bed. Decorative items should be placed in a way that enhances the positive energy flow in your home.
In conclusion, Vaastu Shastra is an ancient Indian architectural science that emphasizes the principles of design, layout, measurements, and spatial geometry to create living spaces that are in harmony with nature. A Vaastu-compliant home can promote health, prosperity, and well-being by creating a positive and healthy environment. If you’re looking to buy a new home or renovate your existing one, make sure to check for these 7 things to ensure that it’s Vaastu compliant. By doing so, you can create a peaceful and happy environment for yourself and your family.