The Telangana government has decided to lease out the 158-km Outer Ring Road (ORR) in Hyderabad to a private player for 30 years on a toll, operate, and transfer (TOT) basis. The ORR is an access-controlled expressway that encircles the city and connects major national highways. The government expects to get an upfront payment of around Rs 7,000 crore from the successful bidder, which can be used for developing other green field projects.
The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA), which manages the ORR, has called for tenders from international agencies to participate in the bidding process. Four companies have submitted their bids so far: Eagle Infra India Limited, IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited, Dinesh Chandra R Agarwal Infracon Private Ltd, and Gawar Construction Limited. The technical committee is evaluating the bids and the financial bids will be opened later.
Under the TOT model, the private concessionaire will offer a lump sum amount to the state government in lieu of the right to collect user fees and maintain the project highway for a period of 30 years. The concessionaire will be responsible for all operations and maintenance of the ORR section, including toll collection, regular maintenance, major maintenance, traffic management, safety measures, and encroachment prevention. The HMDA will monitor the performance of the concessionaire and ensure compliance with the agreement terms.
The TOT model has been designed to create an opportunity for the private sector to invest in low-risk assets and at the same time ensure efficient operations and maintenance of highways by the private sector, check pilferage of toll revenue, and channelize capital inflows for creating new road infrastructure. The TOT model has been successfully implemented by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on its national highways across the country.
The ORR lease is expected to benefit both the state government and the users. The state government will get a huge amount of money upfront, which can be utilized for other developmental works. The users will get better service quality and safety standards on the ORR, as the private player will have the incentive to maintain the highway well. The ORR lease will also reduce the burden on HMDA to monitor and maintain the highway assets.
How Leasing Will Benefit for Development of Nearby Area of Hyderabad Outer Ring Road (ORR):
The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) is an agency that oversees the planning and development of the Hyderabad metropolitan region, which covers eight districts and an area of 7,257 sq km. The HMDA has recently announced its plans to develop six mega townships as well as improved infrastructure around the Outer Ring Road (ORR), a 158-km long expressway that encircles the city. The aim of these townships is to provide self-contained living and working spaces outside the ORR and to reduce the congestion and pollution in the core city area.
The six proposed townships are:
- Kollur township: This township will be located in Kollur village, Rangareddy district, and will cover an area of 2,618 acres. Out of this, 640 acres will be allocated for IT and ITeS sectors, making it a potential IT hub. The township will also have residential, commercial, institutional, and recreational facilities.
- Kandukur pharma city: This township will be developed in Kandukur village, Rangareddy district, as part of the second phase of the pharma city project. The pharma city is envisioned as a world-class integrated industrial park for pharmaceuticals and allied sectors, with state-of-the-art infrastructure and environmental management systems. The township will provide housing and amenities for the employees and visitors of the pharma city.
- Manoharabad township: This township will be situated in Manoharabad village, Toopran mandal, and will span an area of 7,350 acres. The township will have a logistics hub and a work center adjacent to the northern sector of the proposed Peripheral Ring Road (PRR), which is a 338-km long expressway that will connect the ORR with the National Highways. The township will also offer residential, commercial, institutional, and recreational facilities.
- Pagidipalli township: This township will be established in Pagidipalli village, Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district, and will occupy an area of 8,000 acres. The township will have a logistics hub and a work center next to the eastern sector of the proposed PRR, near Pagidipalli Railway Station. The township will also provide residential, commercial, institutional, and recreational facilities.
- Ibrahimpatnam township: This township will be set up in Ibrahimpatnam mandal, Rangareddy district, and will cover an area of 2,800 acres. The township will have residential, commercial, institutional, and recreational facilities.
- Shamshabad township: This township will be developed in Shamshabad Mandal, Rangareddy district, and will cover an area of 5,000 acres. The township will have residential, commercial, institutional, and recreational facilities. It will also be close to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport and the Hyderabad Aerospace Park.
The development of these townships is expected to take three to five years and will be guided by the Telangana Comprehensive Integrated Township Policy Rules-2020. The policy aims to promote the large-scale integrated development of self-contained townships outside the ORR, with incentives and concessions for developers and buyers. The policy also envisages that these townships will have offices within the vicinity of residential colonies, reducing the need for long commutes and traffic.
Moreover, To reduce traffic, the Hyderabad development council has suggested widening the outer service road, which runs parallel to the ORR, across a distance of 24–25 km. From Kollur to Kokapet, a bitumen road will be covered under the project. Hyderabad Road Development Corporation Limited (HRDCL) is building 104 missing link roads identified within the limits of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) and adjoining 10 urban local bodies. Around 50 of these are roads linking toward the ORR.
These developments are expected to boost the real estate sector in Hyderabad, as well as create employment opportunities and improve the quality of life for the residents. They are also expected to contribute to the balanced and sustainable development of the Hyderabad metropolitan region.
Residential properties at Hyderabad Outer Ring Road Project:
Are you looking for a dream home in Hyderabad, the city of pearls and IT? Do you want to enjoy the best of both worlds, with a blend of urban convenience and natural beauty? If yes, then you should consider buying residential properties at the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road project.
The Outer Ring Road (ORR) project is a mega infrastructure project that aims to transform the city’s landscape and lifestyle. It is a long expressway that surrounds the city and connects various suburbs, industrial areas, and IT parks. The ORR project has also opened up new avenues for real estate development along its corridor.
Some of the advantages of buying residential properties at the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road project are:
- Easy access to major IT parks, such as HITEC City, Gachibowli, Nanakramguda, and Pocharam, which host many multinational companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Infosys, and TCS.
- Proximity to educational institutions, such as IIT Hyderabad, ISB, BITS Pilani, University of Hyderabad, and JNTU.
- Availability of social infrastructure, such as hospitals, malls, multiplexes, hotels, and restaurants.
- Scenic views of natural landscapes, such as lakes, hills, and greenery.
- Potential for capital appreciation and rental income, as the demand for residential properties in this area, is high and growing.
Some of the popular residential projects at Hyderabad Outer Ring Road project are:
- ASBL Springs: A gated community of 2 and 3 BHK apartments in Pocharam, near Ghatkesar. The project offers amenities like a clubhouse, swimming pool, gym, children’s play area, and landscaped gardens.
- Sri Devi Real Estate: A real estate company that offers plots and villas in various locations along the ORR project. The company provides clear title deeds, legal assistance, and bank loan facilities.
- JSR Group Suncity: A well-established developer that offers open plots and villas in Dilsukhnagar, near LB Nagar. The project has a unique ethical and humanistic approach and strives to provide every Indian with an opportunity to own property.
- Signature Altius: A premium project of 2 and 3 BHK apartments in Kollur, near Tellapur. The project boasts a futuristic design, eco-friendly features, and world-class amenities.
If you are looking for residential properties at the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road project, you can contact My Realestate Services. You can also contact us for any assistance or queries regarding your property search.